HomeFront’s Case Managers work to support victims in incidents where charges have been laid and the case is entering into the justice system. Case Managers works alongside Child and Family Services, Crown, Calgary Police Service, defense counsel and probation officers to support victims through the criminal court process by:
- Helping victims understand the court proceedings and providing court updates.
- Ensuring victims’ interests and wishes are considered in court decisions.
- Developing effective safety planning.
- Connecting victims to resources in the community.
- Following up with victims until probation orders end and clients’ safety is optimized.
The Case Management Team works closely with the High Risk Management Initiative (HRMI). This program identifies high-risk domestic offenders, and works collaboratively to provide risk assessment, risk management and intense intervention strategies for these offenders, while creating an umbrella of support and safety for the victims. This service is a unique partnership with Alberta Health Services, Calgary and Area Child and Family Services Authority, Calgary Counselling Centre, Calgary Police Service, Community Corrections, and YWCA Sheriff King Home.